NEBOSH’s Certificate-level qualifications give a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors and staff with health and safety among their day to day responsibilities.
These qualifications are widely taken as a first step towards a career in health and safety and are accepted by IOSH – the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health – in meeting the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH)
Who Shall Take Nebosh Qualification?
Nebosh Certificate is Most Important for Safety Field to get Placed in Good Companies as a Safety Engineers, Safety Supervisors, Safety Managers and Good way to get Memberships of TechIOSH, Grad Iosh, CMiosh.
Nebosh Course s Suitable for All Safety Officers, Safety Engineers and Freshers who Completed their Degree or Diploma level Qualifications
Managers, supervisors and employees throughout the world take the NEBOSH International General Certificate because it gives them the skills and know-how to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organisation.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety, providing a sound basis for progression on to the NEBOSH International Diploma. No previous health and safety knowledge is required.
What are the Subjects are Covered in Nebosh IGC?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) covers the principles relating to health and safety, identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical application of this knowledge. The IGC syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international standards, such as the International Labour Organisation (ILO) codes of practice. Local laws and cultural factors may form part of the study programme where relevant and appropriate.
The qualification also features a practical workplace assessment.
The International General Certificate is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of international health and safety (IGC1)
- Control of international workplace hazards (GC2)
- International health and safety practical application (GC3)
How much does it cost and how long does it take?
Course fees are determined by individual course providers and vary depending on the format of the course. You should plan your study around a minimum of 80 taught hours and approximately 53 hours of private study and background reading.
Thetraining providers offer courses to fit around your requirements:
• Distance or blended learning
• Day or evening courses over a number of weeks
1) Make a list of central topics. Watch a variety of youtube videos of these central topics—because that will have a lasting image on your memory. Keep watching videos for few weeks. There are lots of them.
2) Then, Collect fromthe sample answers. Two pdfs will be available on IGC1 and GC2. these are intented to make you aware of how answers should be formulated and presented (like in most questions where workplace situations are given, answers will start by ‘currently’ assessing the Risk Assessment presently in place and move on as points towards the things that might be wrong in that workplace leading to a overall review of RA).
3) VisitYou will find a lot of case studies on everyday issues, on how health and safety matters and is run in UK and how the UK govt. earns revenues by promoting health and safety, imposing fines and legal procedures while giving a thorough list of how every workers’ safety for different job roles need to be looked after by the employer; that is the boss. All in just one website. (Then you could visit National Safety Council and see and compare for yourself how we Indians are playing catch-up, with most international clients funding money and investors giving safety a high-on priority now in India).
4) Remember the steps. I used to make a lot of acronyms for some standard questions like about steps how to assess risks and risk assessments. It is worth trying if you forget points. Eg SREDIM for task analysis. S for Select the task R for record the steps and so on.
5)Remember to answer short, precise to the point and to the command word that is asked. Always see the COMMAND word.
6) Keep it simple. Nebosh is not looking for long answers.
7) Safety is in everyone’s instinct. Just try to analyse situations well. Be confident and aware.
This is a good course. Worth some money and its always good to clear exams in the first attempt.
Wish you all the best for the course and the future endeavours.